Kenton Retrofit Kit
MIDI Retrofit Kit for:
Solina String Ensemble - Mk1 and Mk2 versions
NOTE - THE MK1 and MK2 VERSIONS REQUIRE DIFFERENT RETROFIT KITS
Whilst the user facilities provided by the Mk1 and Mk2 versions are identical there are vast internal wiring differences. Please ensure you order the correct kit. A Mk1 kit will not work in the Mk2 version and similarly the Mk2 kit will not work in the Mk1 version.
Mk1 versions have the following:
1) The buttons for Contra Bass, Cello, Viola, Violin, Brass, Horn, Modulation have LEDs in the centre to identify if they are on or off.
2) The sockets area on the back panel is rectangular.
3) The word "Eminent" featured prominently on the back in gold lettering 3-4 centimetres high.
Mk2 versions have the following:
1) The buttons for Contra Bass, Cello, Viola, Violin, Brass, Horn, Modulation are push on / push off types with no LEDs.
2) The sockets area on the back panel is round.
3) There may still be the word Eminent on the ratings plate but it will not be featured in 3-4 centimetre gold letters. It may alternatively be branded ARP.
THE CRITICAL DECIDER IS THE BUTTONS - BUT IF YOU ARE STILL IN ANY DOUBT, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CLARIFICATION
PLEASE NOTE: Fitting a retrofit kit is a skilled job which should be undertaken only by a competent synth service engineer or fitted by us at our premises in South West London.
Note also that retrofit kits are always built to order after your payment has been processed. It then takes us up to 10 working days to build and test the kit before we can despatch it.
Download the manual
General information can be found HERE