MIDI to DCB converter
Kenton PRO-DCB Mk3
Bi-directional MIDI-DCB Interface
The Kenton Pro-DCB brings instant MIDI to those much-loved instruments, the Juno-60 and Jupiter-8*. Just plug in and go.
As well as offering control of notes (and program change on Jupiter-8), the interface also has output sockets for filter control and arpeggio clocking. In addition, it boasts a built-in programmable LFO and works both ways (ie. it's bi-directional), so your Juno can be used as a master keyboard if required. We think that you'll find this the most comprehensive MIDI-DCB converter available today, and it's fast too.Please ensure that you purchase the adaptor lead if you have a Jupiter-8 with a 20 pin OP-8 connector.
Juno-60 always has a 14 pin DCB connector - so the included DCB lead is fine.
Juno-6 fitted with Kenton DCB socket upgrade also has 14 pin DCB connector - the included DCB lead is fine.
*Jupiter-8 must have an existing DCB (14 pin) or OP-8 (20 pin) connector - however some Jupiter-8s have neither - you need to check which yours has. If you have the 14 pin DCB connector, the included DCB lead is fine. If you have the 20 pin OP-8 connector you will need the 14 pin to 20 pin adaptor lead also.
Two 3.5mm mono jack to 1/4" mono jack leads for Clock and VCF are included as well as the 14 pin DCB lead
9V switch mode power supply included. Products bought directly from Kenton are supplied with the appropriate power supply for the delivery address. Four types are available, UK / EU / USA / Australia.
|Power:||9-15V DC. Products bought directly from Kenton are supplied with the appropriate power supply for the delivery address. Four types are available, UK / EU / USA / Australia.|
|Dimensions:||167 x 97 x 40 mm|
|MIDI:||In, Out, Thru|
|Analogue Outputs:||Clock (0-5v)
|Digital Inputs:||DCB (In and Out)|
|Please refer to the manual for more details|
- MIDI In/Out and Thru Sockets
- Aux output (for VCF or VCA control)
- Clock Output (for syncing the arpeggiator)
- Fully programmable, MIDI syncable, built-in LFO with 9 waveshapes, including S&H.
- DCB socket (for connection to keyboard)
- Settings stored in non-volatile memory
- Dimensions 165 x 98 x 50mm
- Weight 700 grams
- Power Supply 9v DC centre positive
Supplied with a 1.8 metre cable which has a 14 pin DCB plug as shown below.
This plug type is compatible with the following models:
All Juno-60 synths
Juno-6s which have had a 14 pin DCB socket added.
Jupiter 8s fitted with a 14 pin DCB socket - you need to check your Jupiter to see which plug yours needs
- If your Jupiter 8 has a 20 pin OP-8 socket for a plug like the one below then you will also need the 14 pin to 20 pin adaptor lead. (Note that you'll still need the supplied 14 pin DCB lead)
- Please note that some early Jupiter-8s have neither the 14 pin nor the 20 pin DCB socket and are thus not able to be controlled by DCB.
- Please ensure that you purchase the adaptor lead if you have a Jupiter-8 with a 20 pin OP-8 connector.
Download the manual
View a larger image or download a large press image file
View a larger image (opens in new tab)