MIDI to KADI converter
Kenton PRO-KADI MkII
MIDI to Digital drum machine interface
For controlling pre-MIDI drum machines
Designed primarily with the Roland TR-808 / TR-606 and the EDP Wasp / Gnat in mind, the PRO-KADI can, in fact, be used to trigger many drum machines and other devices.
Cheaper than a retrofit and just as effective, it can be used with the TR-808, TR-606, CR78, CR8000, Wasp and many, many more. Most drum machines do need a small modification to run with this interface.
Kenton can supply and/or fit sockets kits to interface your drum machine with the PRO-KADI. Kits are available for the TR-808, TR-606, CR-78 and CR-8000. The Pro-KADI can also be used to trigger the voices of the Simmons SDS-V and SDS-7 however you will need to make your own breakout cable for this.
This multi-mode MIDI trigger unit is highly configurable and capable of driving up to 13 outputs.
Hundreds of other control applications exist, such as lighting control, robotics and ignition of small explosives for theatre productions. Please email us if you have a specificic MIDI control project.
Signal leads are sold separately. For our range of signal leads, please click here.
Remember to select the correct unit for your make and model of synth.
Products bought directly from Kenton are supplied with the appropriate power supply for the delivery address. Four types are available, UK / EU / USA / Australia.
|Power:||9-15V DC. Products bought directly from Kenton are supplied with the appropriate power supply for the delivery address. Four types are available, UK / EU / USA / Australia.|
|Dimensions:||167 x 97 x 40 mm|
|MIDI:||In, Out, Thru|
|Analogue Outputs:||Clock (0-5v)
|Digital Inputs:||DCB (In and Out)|
|Please refer to the manual for more details|
- Wasp Mode To Control Wasp/Gnat Synths
- KADI Mode To Control Drum Machines With A Kenton Socket upgrade
- (Accent Threshold Adjustable In KADI Mode)
- Trigger Mode: 13 TTL Outputs
- TTL Outputs May Be Latching (High When Key Pressed), Or Pulses
- Pulses may be set to give leading edge rising or leading edge falling
- Pulse Width Adjustable Between 100us-10ms (100us Steps)
- Long 250ms Pulse Width Available For Pulsing Of Relays
- Individual Note Numbers Assignable For Each TTL Output
- Note Or Program Change Control Of Triggers Possible
- Can be used for MIDI control of servo motors (as used in radio controlled models)
- MIDI Thru socket
- Sync 24 and Arpeggio Clock Outputs
- Variable Clock Divide Rate And Polarity
- User Friendly Interface With 3 Digit LED Display
- Power required: 9V DC 100mA - centre positive
- Power adapter included (we automatically supply the correct type for your country)
- Dimensions: 165mmx96mmx42mm
Supplied in 2 versions.
Version 1. Supplied with KADI cable
- Version 2. Supplied with WASP cable
- Please ensure that you select the correct version below for your synth.
Since the 4th October 2006 price review, a power supply (wall wart) is now included with this product . Three types are available, UK / EU / USA. We will automatically supply the correct type for your country.
Download the manual
View a larger image or download a large press image file
View a larger image (opens in new tab)